Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Chronicles of Japania Day 4 and 5: Hakone

Ok the next day and a half are going to make for a boring email. I mean it was cool for me to see everything but nothing very exciting and doesn't make for very good stories. But the show must go on. Here we go...


Ok with the massage out of the way what to do now? Lets go outside and see what the rest of the town looks like. Its just bout 5pm now and I figure I grab a snack before dinner. Step outside and all the shops and restaurants that were open when I arrived have already shut down. And the sun is about done setting and its getting dark all around. But it wasn't even 5 oclock yet. A few more minutes of exploring and I'm quickly finding out it gets creepy out here really quickly. Dark roads and deserted shops at every corner with no lights anywhere. Dude, it looks like the grudge girl lives out here. I knew it. Hell na, ain't gonna get me. I'm going back inside.

Only thing left to do. NAKED TIME. We trek our way out to the Onsen area to see what it was all about. A bit confusing at first as we couldn't read the Japanese signs to point us where to go. We finally figure out you go that way for women and this way for men. Make my way to the locker room and get changed. Well you don't even get changed you just kind of get naked and get into the water. *James and Mike I'll send you a more detailed version* Anyway the water is hot as hell but its refreshing and relaxing. I started in the indoor Onsen to see how it is first. Even though it was indoor, the bathhouse was built around the natural springs so the water coming in was still natural spring water. So sat in that for a little while then I see someone else get up out of his bath and walk right outdoors. Naked of course. I'm like damn that dude is a thug cause its super cold outside. Hmm should I try it and see what its like outside? After a little bit I decided I'm going outside. Walk outside and the cold win hits your skin real quick and man its cold. Hop in the water as fast as you can to stay warm. It feels even nicer outside. Chilled out there for a good 15 minutes or so before I was ready to bounce. You get up out of the water and steam just be coming out your body like you some kind of super hero. Feel pretty gangster actually... Start flexing and whatnot for no reason cause your steamin...its only natural.

Get dressed head back to the room to get ready for dinner. Wasn't really feeling this dinner as it was a more traditional Japanese set course with alot of fish. Not really my thing. Probably the only time you will hear me say I didn't like the food I ate. I wasn't eating much so I was having a gander around the room and right behind us there was a little incident brewing. Some people were upset cause their food was coming out too slow or something? They started causing a little scene. Bu its like come on man relax, your at the beautiful place obviously meant for relaxing. So just relax! Whats the big rush for? Take it easy guey. And then I figured it out. They were speaking chinese, chinese mofo's. Probably from Taiwan cause thats the country of bitches. And well they were being bitches so it made sense to me. Leave it to some chinese people to be impatient about something and start yelling at super nice and polite Japanese waiters.

Hmm now I'm still hungry. But wait, there's its ok as the hotel offers free bowls of noodles from ten pm to midnight. Excellent. I leave my $80 dinner fully hungry and hit the free probably $5 in value bowl of noodles. Damn it was good.

That wraps up the night. I head back to the room completely relaxed from the bath and hit the hay. With the lights on of course. I think I heard a noise...just in case.

The next day was even less exciting in story form. The pictures whenever I get around to it will paint a much better picture. Basically we went around Hakone doing various things. Blah Blah Blah Day 6 will be a bit better as I head to Harajuku in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment